IT Systems Managers’ Purpose
With the steady increase in technological advancements, there is a great need for System Managers. Managers, leaders, and decision-makers at all levels for companies want information available at their fingertips. The IT Systems Manager makes that information accessible by ensuring the smooth functioning of all computer systems. They can handle and problem shoot all technical issues even under tight deadlines or high stress.
Systems Manager Duties
An Information Systems Manager job description involves many daily responsibilities. Some of the duties are mentioned below:
- Install and maintain all computer software and hardware
- Ensure the organisation’s data is protected and secure
- Prepare budgets for hardware and software purchases
- Train and guide the IT team and new recruits
- Understand new technological advancements and find ways to implement them in the organisation
- Develop an understanding of user needs and system functionality
- Supervise the functioning of all IT systems including anti-virus software, email provisions, and print services
IT Systems Manager Skills
The Systems Manager plays a vital role in the IT department of a company. They need to have skills such as:
- Analytical ability to collect, reflect upon, and accurately interpret data
- A business-focused mindset to identify new strategies and techniques to meet institutional goals
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication for technical information and data
- Leadership ability to guide, motivate and interact with systems analysts, information security professionals, and software developers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Capacity for problem-solving when faced with technical issues of computers and network systems
The Benefits of MBA IT Distance Education
Pursuing an MBA is one of the best ways to become an IT Systems Manager. MBA IT distance learning provides students with an opportunity to study at their own pace and take up internships. MBA IT courses equip students with the skills to manage all IT systems and teams. The programme provides specialised knowledge about telecommunications, IT project management, and information security. The digitisation of workspaces has led to an increased demand for systems managers.
MBA IT Management Admission Process
This is the admission process for MBA IT courses:
- Students need to complete 10+2 with a minimum score of 50% and obtain a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
- Candidates need to pass the CAT/NMAT/SNAP/XAT/CMAT/MAT entrance exam
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a group discussion and a personal interview
MBA IT Courses
Students can become IT Systems Managers by completing an MBA degree online or offline.
MBA in IT Distance Learning
Students can pursue a two-year MBA degree online while working at part-time jobs or internships. The eligibility requirement is a minimum score of 40% in graduation. Some universities providing MBA IT distance education courses are:
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Amity University
- ICFAI University
MBA IT Universities
Many institutes provide Systems Manager courses. The MBA course duration in India is two years. Students can complete the programme from universities such as:
- Delhi University
- ICFAI Business School
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Bangalore
- GIBS Business School
- IIM Calcutta
- Alliance University
- NMIMS Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- International Management Institute
- Amity University
- Kazian School of Management
What is the MBA IT Entrance Test Cut-Off?
These are the cut-off scores of top institutes for admission in MBA IT courses:
IT Systems Manager Job Specialisations
Students can work as System Managers in hospitals, management companies, software publishers, e-commerce stores, and government offices.
The job specialisations include working as a chief information officer who oversees the implementation of new technology and electronic data processing systems. Chief technology officers evaluate, design, and recommend technology solutions that fit in with organisational goals. IT directors supervise IT employees and coordinate the technological requirements of all departments.
IT Systems Manager FAQs
1. What is an MBA degree useful for?
An MBA degree is useful to develop leadership skills, a strong business network, and an entrepreneurial outlook.
2. What is MBA IT’s full form?
The full form of IT MBA is Master of Business Administration in Information Technology.
3. What is the duration of an MBA?
The full-time MBA duration in India across universities and institutes is two years.
4. A distance MBA is for how many years?
The MBA course years are the same for distance and in-person education. The time for MBA programmes is two years.
5. What are the available MBA jobs in government sectors?
Some of the MBA qualification jobs in the government sector include technical coordinator, IT consultant, and Health IT specialist.
6. What is the MBA qualification required for private sector jobs?
Students need to secure a passing score in the two-year IT MBA course. Then they can work in a wide range of private sector MBA jobs.
7. What are the available jobs after an MBA in IT?
The IT MBA job list includes IT Systems Manager, Chief Technological Officer, and Chief Technical Manager.
8. Is an MBA worth it?
An MBA degree provides students with useful theoretical and practical knowledge about business, marketing, information systems, and financial operations.
MBA IT Course Fees
This is the fee structure for MBA courses in different institutes:
There are different scholarships available for MBA IT courses. Here are the eligibility requirements for the scholarships:
This scholarship covers the entire MBA IT tuition fee. Students from IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Indore, IIM Shillong, and IIM Lucknow are eligible for the scholarship. Candidates need to submit a scholarship application to the dean of the respective institute.
2. IIM Ahmedabad MBA Scholarship
This scholarship is available for deserving students whose family income does not exceed ₹15,00,000 lakh per annum.
3. IIM Lucknow MBA Scholarship
This scholarship is available for deserving students whose family income does not exceed ₹4,00,000 lakh per annum. The scholarship covers the annual MBA course tuition fee.
There are many MBA IT scholarships for MBA programmes. Students who do not qualify for scholarships can choose other financial payment options such as Propelld’s student-friendly educational loans.