Dr. DY Patil Pune: Comprehensive Information About The University
Dr. DY Patil University is located at Vidyapeeth in Pune and has a 100-acre campus. The institute is a deemed-to-be-university and was established under Section 3 of the UGC Act in 2003. Dr. DY Patil is the founder of Dr. DY Patil Unitech Society which privatises Technical Education. DY Patil college was accredited by NAAC (The National Assessment and Accreditation Council) with a CGPA of 3.64 on a four-point scale and received an ‘A++’ grade.
DY Patil Pune has grown a lot over the last 19 years and has ten colleges under it. The colleges include the Medical College, Dental College and Hospital, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Global Business School, Centre for Online Learning, Nursing College, Physiotherapy College, Optometry and Visual Sciences, Ayurved College, and Homoeopathic College.
DY Patil University is known for its Distance Learning courses and MBA programmes. NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) ranked the college 75th in the overall category in India and 46th in the university category in 2020.
DY Patil University General Information
DY Patil College Ranking
Dr. DY Patil University has received top rankings for courses, placements, and innovations. Here are some of the ranks:
- The MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) ranked the college 9th among the Cleanest Higher Educational Institutions in the country
- The Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education, the Department of Higher Education, and the Ministry of Education recognised DY Patil College for its ‘Social Entrepreneurship Swachhata and Rural Engagement Cell’
- DY Patil Pune won the DST-FIST award for the Development of Infrastructure and Equipment for teaching and research among many other colleges
- The institute is ranked 9,775 out of 14,134 colleges in the world by EduRank
- EduRank ranked the institute at 3,871 out of 5,830 universities in Asia
- Placed at 40 out of 54 colleges in Maharashtra, and 11 out of 13 in Pune by EduRank
- The DY Patil Institute of Engineering, Management, and Research Akurdi is consistently ranked in the Times Engineering Institute Survey
- The college has been ranked among the Top 20 Schools of Architecture in the State of Maharashtra
- Received an award for being the University for Innovation in Global Collaborative Learning
- DY Patil Pune was awarded for the University for Excellence in Pharmacy Education
- The institute has received the ‘Vanashree Award’ for its green campus by the Government of Maharashtra and the Ministry of Environment
DY Patil Pune MBA Fees and Courses
DY Patil Institute of Engineering, Management, and Research Akurdi has many courses that students can study. Students can apply online through the official school website and take up programmes in the field of Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, and more.
1. Undergraduate Courses
DY Patil, Pune offers a wide range of courses at the UG level such as:
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
- B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- B.Sc (Bachelor of Science)
- BOptom (Bachelor of Optometry)
Eligibility to UG Courses
2. Postgraduate Courses
DY Patil Institute of Engineering, Management, and Research, Akurdi offers PG courses like:
- MD (Doctor of Medicine)
- MS (Master in Science)
- DM (Doctorate of Medicine)
- M.Ch (Master of Chirurgiae/General Surgery)
- MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MPT (Master of Physiotherapy)
- M.Sc (Master of Science)
- M.Tech (Master of Technology)
Eligibility to PG Courses
- Students who want to get admission to MD or MS Medical programmes need to pass the NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) exam
- To get admission in the DY Patil College Homeopathy or Ayurveda courses, students need to pass the AIAPGET (All India Ayush Post Graduate Physiotherapy Entrance Test)
- The MDS admission is based on a valid score obtained in NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) exam
- The candidates must pass the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA entrance tests with a valid score to get admission into the MBA course
- The AIPGPET (All India Post Graduate Physiotherapy Entrance Test) is required to get selected for the MPT and M.Sc course
- Candidates require AIBTCET (All India Biotechnology Common Entrance Test) scores to get admission into M.Tech
- The Optometry programme requires students to clear the AIPGOET (All India Post Graduate Optometry Entrance Test) exam
3. PhD Courses
Students need to pay attention to the admission criteria required for the courses they are applying to. There are certain requirements for the PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) courses, which are listed below:
Eligibility to PhD Courses
- Candidates must get a valid score in the AIET (All India Entrance Test)
- If they have qualified in the UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ SET/ SLET, then they do not have to complete the AIET
These are the courses and eligibility requirements for candidates who wish to get admission into any of the DY Patil, Pune courses. Students can also understand more about the DY Patil, Akurdi MBA fees when applying for admission.
DY Patil University Facilities
The 100-acre campus of DY Patil Institute of Engineering, Management, and Research, Akurdi has many facilities that students and faculty can use. Here are the options available:
DY Patil, Pune Library
The campus has a spacious library with more than 75,000 books. There are newspapers, magazines, e-books, e-resources, study databases, and subscriptions to GATE, IEEE, and Springer.
DY Patil College Hostel
The hostel of the university is on campus. There are separate accommodations for boys and girls with a capacity of over 1,000.
DY Patil University Canteen
Candidates are served food from the Legend Café, which is managed by a professional agency. The café provides vegetarian and non-vegetarian food to the students.
DY Patil, Pune Sports
Students can choose from sports like cricket, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, and more. They can compete and win prizes at the inter-collegiate, university, state, and national levels. There is also a badminton court, basketball court, cricket ground, football ground, and more outdoor facilities.
DY Patil Transport
The university provides transport to faculty and students with the help of a shuttle service. They also have a bus transportation facility.
DY Patil University Labs
Some of the labs at the DY Patil Institute of Engineering, Management, and Research, Akurdi are:
- Computer Lab
- Language Lab
- Basic Engineering Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Fluid Machinery and Fluid Power Lab
- Heat Engines Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Advanced Communication and Digital Circuits Lab
- Embedded Systems Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- CAD-CAM Lab
- Model Making Labs
These are the different facilities available on the DY Patil University campus.
DY Patil University Entrance Exams
There are certain steps that a student must follow if they wish to get admission into the DY Patil, Pune courses. Here are the steps:
- Students need to first complete their 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks or a minimum of 45% marks for reserved category candidates
- Students need to have completed 17 years of age as of December 31st in the year they are taking admission to any of the DY Patil University courses
- For courses like BPT, students need to submit a certificate of medical fitness
- Each of the programmes has its admission criteria and after submitting their documents, candidates are called in for a counselling session
- In situations where students have not appeared for any entrance test, the university provides a test for B.Tech, B.Des, MBA, MCA, MBA Agriculture, and B.Pharm at ₹1,500.