Why Operations Management as a Career?
An Operations Project Manager’s job description involves handling multiple projects, organising resources, and coordinating with multiple departments. They are often called change agents due to the impact they have on a company’s goals. Operations in Project Management is essential for the completion of tasks, and reports, and to resolve issues with business goals.
What’s the Difference Between a Project Manager and an Operations Manager?
The main difference between Operations Managers versus Project Managers is in their roles and responsibilities. A Project Manager of Operations manages temporary tasks and business opportunities whereas the Operations Manager works on long-term projects.
Despite this difference between Project Managers versus Operations Managers, they often have intersections in their roles. Once the project is delivered, the Operations Manager maintains, supports, and coordinates further deliverables.
What are the Duties of a Project Manager of Operations?
The job description of a Project Manager of Operations involves several roles and responsibilities such as:
- Interacting with several departments, executives, and customers regularly
- Taking full responsibility for a project from start to finish
- Managing issues and delays with new projects
- Developing a plan and framework to meet business goals
- Empowering team members and delegating tasks
- Estimating the time required till project completion
Operations Project Manager Skills
Operations Management of Projects requires an individual to develop critical thinking and a problem-solving mindset. The Project Manager needs to be creative and strategic when dealing with tough projects. They need to have strong leadership abilities and attention to detail. An Operations Management MBA is one way to learn and develop these skills. Students also need to gain practical experience, working on challenging projects and handling a team.
Benefits of Operations in Project Management
The Operations Management role challenges individuals to be creative and develop better management skills. Operations Project Managers learn how to resolve problems efficiently and respond to challenges even in a time crunch. Project Managers also help businesses stay on schedule, reduce costs, and make the most of limited resources.
How to Become an Operations Project Manager
Some of the steps to becoming a Project Manager of Operations include:
- Completing 10+2 preferably with subjects such as Maths, Finance, or Accounts
- Enrolling in a diploma course, certificate programme, or completing an MBA in Production and Operation Management
Operations in Project Management Admission
Here are some of the steps to follow for admission to Operations Project Management courses:
MBA in Operations Eligibility
- A minimum score of 55%-60% in graduation
- A passing score in the CAT/MAT/SNAP/GMAT entrance exams
PG Diploma in Operations Project Management Eligibility
- Students need to complete graduation and have a minimum of two years of work experience
Certificate in Project Management Eligibility
- A minimum score of 50% in 10+2
- Students need to have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience
MBA in Operations Management College Entrance Exams
An MBA in Operations Management prepares students to handle different aspects of business such as production, manufacturing, and service management. Students need to clear the CAT/MAT/SNAP/GMAT entrance exams to qualify for an MBA Operations admission.
MBA Operations Management Syllabus
The MBA Operations scope is vast and covers a wide range of business and management topics such as:
MBA Operations Management Distance Education
Students can complete an MBA in Operations Management in India through distance education. This degree can be completed anywhere. Some of the most popular institutions for an online MBA in Operations Management in India are:
MBA in Operations Management in Mumbai
These are some of the top Mumbai colleges for students to secure an MBA in Operations Management:
- BITS School of Management
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- Amity University, Mumbai
MBA Operations Management Specialisations
An MBA in Operations Management is a two-year course. After completing the degree, students can take up other degrees or certifications to get more industry knowledge and training. Some of the certification courses include:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- PG Diploma in Organisational Development
Operations in Project Management General FAQs
1. What skills should be on an Operations Project Manager’s resume?
The key skills for an Operations Project Manager are communication, team building, planning, and critical thinking.
2. What is the salary of a Project Manager versus an Operations Manager?
The average Operations Project Manager salary is ₹11,00,000 lakh and ₹9,00,000 lakh for Operations Managers.
3. What does an MBA in Operations Management cover?
An MBA in Operations Project Management is a conceptual framework that teaches students about supervising tasks, product management and delivery, along with the analytical tools for quick decision making.
4. What are some MBA in Operations Management job options?
Some of the job roles include Project Manager of Operations, Supply Chain Manager, and Logistics Manager.
Operations Project Management Fees
This is the fee structure for offline and online Operations Management MBA courses:
A career in Operations Project Management is a great way to provide value to businesses or companies and guide teams. Students can apply for online or offline degrees to get certified as Project Managers. There are many financial payment options available to ensure a smooth educational journey. Private companies such as Propelld offer 100% customised digitised loans.